International Coach Federation (ICF)
Founded in 1995, the ICF is the leading global organization dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high academic and professional standards, providing independent certification, and building a worldwide network of credentialed coaches. ICF has established academic standards for coach specific training, ethical guidelines for professional practices, and is currently the largest professional association for the practice of coaching. With more than 20,000 professional coaches representing more than 100 countries.
ICF has three levels of coach certification, for more information about ICF coach certification please visit the ICF website.
Elias University ~ Transformational Leadership Coach Certification (TLC)
Founded in 2001 Elias University (EU) is a national leader in innovative coach training. We are a research institution dedicated to setting the foundation for the advancement of the field of coaching. All Elias University coaching courses are designed to meet ICF core competencies, code of ethics requirements, and high academic and professional standards.
Steps to become Certified through Elias University
- Completion of 60 hour Transformational Leadership Coach Certification Program.
- Coaching log demonstrating 60 hours of coaching experience following the start of your coach-specific training.
- Complete 3 hours of personal or professional coaching as the coachee by a professional certified coach.
- Completion of the Coach Knowledge Exam (CKE) with a minimum score of 70%.
- Standard Program Fee $4,500 USD
- 3 Hours Coaching~ Student Discount $575 USD
- Certification Application: $100 USD
- Coach Knowledge Exam $250 USD
Complete Certification Package $5,425 USD
Estimated Timeline for Review Upon Submission: 4 weeks
Certification is valid for 3 years.
Upon Successful Completion of the Training Program: You will receive a certificate of program completion.
Upon Completion of Certification Requirements: You will receive via mail a Certified Transfromational Leadership Coach (C-TLC) certification, an Elias University letter detailing your leadership and formal coach training, and a certified coach logo for your marketing materials.