Welcome to our Beta Test ~ Start Date ~ March 5, 6, & 7, 2018
Seating is LIMITED to 10 participants, early registration is recommended to secure your seat!
Location: Manhattan Beach, Ca Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach
Breakfast and Lunch is included all three days!
This SPECIAL offering is filled with extras to reward your program participation!
- 3 Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire Reports (MLQ): As a participant of the beta test you will have the opportunity to take the MLQ assessment 3 times throughout the program and review your report to see how you are developing as a leader throughout the 5 month span of the program. Giving you the benefit of timely feedback allowing you to focus your development on areas you feel you need the most support throughout the beta test. The standard training only has one.
- 3 Coach Knowledge Evaluation (CKE): This evaluation is required for coach certification. You will have the opportunity to take the CKE 3 times over the course of the training. Giving you the benefit of timely feedback allowing you to focus your development on areas of coaching knowledge and skill you feel you need the most support throughout the beta test. This assessment is not provided in the standard training offering.
- 3 Individual One-on-One Coaching Sessions: You will receive three individual coaching sessions; one prior to the event to identify three of your most important goals for your professional development and how this training program will support these goals. Coaching session two after your first webinar to do a gap analysis and develop a clear plan of action toward your three most important goals. And coaching session three at the completion of the second webinar to develop a long-term plan of how to best implement what you learned within the program to advance your career. The individual one-on-one coaching sessions are not included in the standard program offering.
When you participate in this beta test you are participating in an original body of research:
- Elias University is a research institution dedicated to providing you with the highest quality training available. In doing so we want to know all about your experience as a program participant. We are committed to ensure the courses and the structure of our program provides you the highest level of customer sanctification, academic rigor, and relevance to your career ultimately resulting in extremely effective training outcomes for your professional development needs. Please visit our research page for participation requirements.
- Although this original body of research will meet the requirements for a dissertation any and all of your personal information or company association will be kept strictly confidential and will not appear in any documentation for the dissertation.
Courses You Attend:
Module 1 In-Person 3- Day Intensive March 5, 6 & 7, 2018 Monday-Wednesday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm PST
Day 1 – Coaching Fundamentals; Skills, Techniques, and Practice: (this course is a prerequisite for all other courses)
- Establish the coaching relationship, identifying the coaching agenda, action steps, and provide client structured accountability.
- Distinctions between therapy, consulting, mentoring, impromptu coaching, and formal coaching.
- Introduction to the ethics of executive coaching and internal coaching, coach skill building, and core competencies based on ICF standards of practice.
- Explore ways to improve your leadership through coaching.
- Discuss the development of coaching contract and coach agreement (with sample new client starter package). (8 hr training 3 hrs spent in breakout groups practicing coaching skills)
Day 2 – Transformational Leadership and Coaching:
- Differentiate the three most common leadership styles.
- Review your Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire Report.
- Use and coach inspirational motivation techniques.
- Arouse followers to think in new or novel ways, emphasizes problem solving, promoting creativity and innovation through intellectual stimulation.
- Instill pride, faith, and respect, hone the gift for seeing what is really important, and transmit a sense of mission with idealized influence techniques.
- Delegate projects to stimulate learning experiences, provide coaching and teaching, and treat each follower as an individual with individualized consideration techniques.
- Encourage increased tendencies toward transformational leadership.
- Explore several leadership communication styles and describe your dominant style (8 hr training 3 hrs spent in breakout groups practicing coaching skills)
Day 3- Transformational Leadership Coaching Competency Practicum & Feedback: (this course is a prerequisite for certification)
- Practice coaching skills and techniques with real time feedback from student peers and faculty.
- Watch others practice coaching skills and techniques, gather insights to hone your skills and techniques.
- Practice giving effective and supportive feedback that motivates and inspires others. (7 hours – entire day spent practicing coaching skills with detailed feedback)
Webinar 1 – March 29, April 5, 12, 19 – Meets weekly – Thursday’s 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm PST
Using your BIG ENOUGH WHY to Identify what Matters Most to You, Your Clients, and Your Organization: the benchmark for influential transformational leaders is their ability to share the organizational vision in such a way to engage, inspire, and motivate their followers to see how the organizational mission and vision supports their individual BIG ENOUGH WHY.
- Identify your BIG ENOUGH WHY and how your WHY connects with your work, your clients, and your followers.
- Increase; employee engagement, satisfaction, motivation, and overall workplace productivity.
- Uncover what motivates and inspires you.
- Shape your leadership message to clearly communicate and inspire others toward action. (8 hours total, first session is 2 hours)
Module 2 In-Person Intensive May 7, 8 & 9, 2018 Monday-Wednesday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Day 1 – Using Assessments in Leadership Coaching:
- Explain each assessment and identify when and how to use them
- Review participants assessments: Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire (MLQ), Emotional Intellengace (EQ), and Myers Briggs Personality Assessment (MBTI)
- Practice coaching and being coached on assessment results for improved communication and increased performance
- Use assessments to identify strengths, analyze weaknesses, asses blind-spots, and enhance skill development.
- Identify four traits of effective transformational leadership and assess how well you demonstrate those traits based on your MLQ report (8 hr training 3 hrs spent in breakout groups practicing coaching skills)
Day 2 –Coaching to Foster Motivation – Moving Followers to Action: Appreciative Inquiry, Identifying Habits, Motivational Interviewing and the 5 Cycles of Change
- Identify how habits form and how to change them.
- Understand of the 5 Cycles of Change and how to use them to move yourself and other into action.
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
- Foster coach – coachee connection through identifying clients’ strengths
- Accessing past successes and using past successes for future strategic planning
- Apply Appreciative Inquiry to your coaching and leadership techniques (8 hr training 3 hrs spent in breakout groups practicing coaching skills)
Day 3 – A Little Appreciation Goes a Long Way – Appreciative Inquiry and Difficult People and Situations: Seek first to understand, Utilize the Language of Collaboration, Facilitate a Win-Win, Getting others on Board.
- Identify nonverbal ques for communication
- Practice having and facilitating crucial conversations
- Use the personal stories to create a paradigm shift
- Set and maintain clear boundaries that strengthen relationships
- Facilitate the discussion of difficult conversations with respectful discourse
- Defuse volatile situation before they ignite (8 hr training 3 hrs spent in breakout groups practicing coaching skills)
Webinar 2 – May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28 – Meets weekly – Thursday’s 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm PST
Identifying Opportunities and Best Practices for the Practical Application of Leadership Coaching: Simple techniques to transfer your learning into the workplace.
- Use the three facets that support transfer of training; support of senior level leaders, relevance of training (to workplace experiences), and follow-up coaching
- Shape organizational systems to support implementation of new training,
- Identify opportunities of training implementation and overcome obstacles to training transfer. (8 hours total, first session is 2 hours)
Upon arrival to the training program you will be given the printed copies of your assessment results. Before the workshop you will complete the following assessments online:
- Coach Knowledge Evaluation (CKE)
- Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire (MLQ)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Workplace Emotional Intelligence (EQ)