Community Leadership Coach Foundations Six Day Intensive (45 Hrs of training in just one week)
This program is the first step in becoming a certified coach.
Why Community Leadership is so important: we are experiencing a time of National and International civic unrest and are in need of QUALITY Community leadership now more than ever before. Strengthening your leadership skills through Community Leadership and adding coaching as a tool to connect with and inspire your tribe to move to action is crucial for Community Leaders
Become an Influential Community Leader while Mastering the Art and Science of Coaching: This training program provides the extensive coach specific training you need to successfully master the fundamental skills of coaching while strengthening your community leadership skills. The fundamental knowledge, skills and abilities to be a masterful coach are essential to be an effective community leader. Build your tribe, grow your business, connect with your constitutions, as you advance your career when you master the art of leading a community toward transformative action.
Woven throughout this six day intensive are the fundamentals of innovative community leadership, relationship development, and applied business principles. We draw upon the latest research and best practices from the field of psychology, business development, and finance to provide a solid foundation for you to become an innovative community leader within your industry.
What Makes Our Coaching Foundations Program Different? We not only provide you with the rigorous training you need on the fundamental principles of coaching, we give you the added benefit of providing you with a community leadership emphasis. Having this emphasis gives you a professional edge, you can begin to position yourself as a leadership expert with a focus on fostering community development to market and grow your coaching practice.
Three Primary Characteristics recent research shows are necessary to become a Transformative Community Leader:
- Innovation: innovation begins with first tapping into individual, team/group, and organizational creativity. Creativity in and of itself is not enough. That creativity needs to be transformed into tangible results that can be monetized, this is innovation in action.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: developing the skills to identify when it is appropriate to take calculated risks and develop strategic plans to manage risks is paramount to success. From small business to large corporations, organizations have identified a key factor in long-range business success and innovation is directly tied to the development of the entrepreneurial spirit in their leaders.
- Self-awareness: having a conscious knowledge of one’s own character, feelings, motives, and desires is essential for personal fulfillment and professional success. To be an effective leader you must stand in your power. To stand in you power you must know what you stand for, you must be self-aware.
We are dedicated to supporting your personal and professional development and in doing so each of these courses are structured to foster creativity and innovation, enhance your community leadership skills, connect with your entrepreneurial spirit, and deepen your self-awareness with a focus on positive social change. So that you can strengthen your leadership abilities and take your company or organization to the next level of positive of social influence.
Your Six-Day In-Person Community Leadership Intensive Includes the following courses:
- Fundamentals of Coaching with an Emphasis on Community Leadership: Skills, Technique, and Practice Development
- Coaching to Foster Motivation: Appreciative Inquiry, Motivational Interviewing, and the 5 Cycles of Change
- Coaching Techniques for Turning Groups into Teams: Identify a Shared Vision, Develop a Strategic Planning System to Achieve Vision, and Create an Environment of Unity Moving Toward a Shared Purpose.
- Coaching the Art of Negotiation: Seek first to understand, Utilize the Language of Negotiation, Facilitate a Win-Win, Getting others on board.
- Coaching Techniques for Dealing with Difficult Situations and Communicating with Difficult People: Reading Non-Verbal Ques, Turning Conflict into Opportunity, Establishing Effective Boundaries
- Assessment of Coaching Competency and Feedback Seminar: Developing Mastery of the ICF Core Competencies of Coaching
April 3-8, 2017 August 14-19, 2017
Manhattan Beach, Ca Manhattan Beach, Ca
Course is limited to 24 participants early registration is recommended to secure your space.
Completion of the six day Coaching Foundations is the first step in coach certification. Advance coach certification with Elias University and International Coach Federation
Cancellation, Changes and Refund Policy: Refunds or changes requested 14 days prior to event will be charged a $100 administrative fee. Please note if you have taken an assessment and provide notice 14 days prior to the event there is a $275 assessment and administrative fee. If a course must be canceled due to a natural disaster, crisis, or instructor illness the course will be rescheduled. Within 14 days of the start date there are no refunds or changes. Elias University reserves the right to refuse service.